Echo and the Bunnymen announce greatest hits tour: Dates, venues and how to buy tickets
31 October 2023, 11:56
Echo & The Bunnymen 2024 UK Songs To Learn & Sing tour trailer
Ian McCulloch and Will Sergeant take the band's biggest hits on the road.
Listen to this article
Echo & the Bunnymen have announced a massive UK greatest hits tour.
The band have confirmed the dates of their Songs to Learn & Sing jaunt, which takes place in March 2024 and ends with a homecoming show in Liverpool.
- QUIZ: Can you name the '80s bands hidden in these tricky anagrams?
- 'All You Need Is Love' by The Beatles: The making of the era-defining anthem covered by Echo & The Bunnymen
- Listen to the Gold Greats Live Playlist on Global Player
The tour takes its name from the band's 1985 best-of album, but it's thought that the shows will lean on songs from the band's whole back catalogue, including their seven albums since they reformed in 1996.
Their last album was 2018's The Stars, the Oceans & the Moon, which was primarily made up of re-recordings of past classics.
Tickets go on sale this Friday, November 3 at 10am, with a pre-sale starting on Thursday, November 2.
The full tour dates are as follows:
- Saturday 2 March – Norwich UEA
- Sunday 3 March – Brighton Dome
- Tuesday 5 March – Bournemouth O2
- Wednesday 6 March – Bristol Beacon
- Friday 8 March – London Roundhouse
- Sunday 10 March – Cardiff Uni
- Tuesday 12 March – Nottingham Rock City
- Wednesday 13 March – Birmingham O2
- Saturday 16 March – Manchester Albert Hall
- Tub 19th March – Sheffield City Hall
- Wed 20 March – Glasgow Barrowlands
- Friday 22 March – Leeds O2
- Saturday 23 March – Newcastle O2
- Monday 25 March – Liverpool Empire Theatre
Echo & The Bunnymen - The Killing Moon (Official Music Video)
The current Echo & The Bunnymen lineup features two founding members – frontman Ian McCulloch and guitarist Will Sergeant.
Original bassist Les Pattinson had rejoined the group for their mid-1990s reunion, but quit the lineup in 1998. Longtime drummer Pete de Freitas who had joined the group before they released their debut album died in 1989.
The 2023 touring lineup of Echo & The Bunnymen features Stephen Brannan on bass, Simon Finley on drums, Pete Reilly on guitar and Mike Smith on keyboards.