Mick Jagger facts: Rolling Stones singer's age, wife, children, songs and career explained
25 July 2023, 14:15
Listen to this article
Mick Jagger is arguably the greatest rock frontman of all time.
Mick Jagger is the lead vocalist and one of the founders of The Rolling Stones, one of the longest-running and hugely successful bands ever.
He is also part of one of the most prosperous songwriting partnerships in history, with his collaboration with Keith Richards.
- Rolling Stones: Mick Jagger and Keith Richards are getting some incredibly cool statues
- Mick Jagger explains why The Rolling Stones have cancelled 'Brown Sugar'
- The Rolling Stones logo: Who designed the iconic tongue and lips image?
With a career spanning more than six decades, Jagger has earned a reputation as one of the most well-known and significant frontmen in the annals of rock music.
Jagger rose to fame not only for his huge talent, but also as a result of his frequent portrayal as a rebellious character over the years.
Still going strong as he enters his 80th year, here are all the big facts about Sir Mick Jagger.
How old is Mick Jagger and where was he born?
In Dartford, Kent, Mick Jagger was born on July 26, 1943.
In 2023, he will turn 80.
His mother Eva Ensley Mary was a hairdresser, his father Basil Fanshawe 'Joe' Jagger competed in gymnastics, and his younger brother Chris is also a musician.
How did Mick Jagger get his start in music?
The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (Official Lyric Video)
Mick Jagger and Keith Richards first became friends in primary school, when they shared a love of rhythm and blues music.
However, Jagger went on to study business at the London School of Economics before deciding to form the band.
The Rolling Stones, who took their name from a Muddy Waters song, played their debut concert under the moniker while covering some of their favourite blues tunes.
'The Last Time', a song they wrote themselves, was the first number one they achieved. As they say, the rest is history.
What are Mick Jagger's biggest songs?
The Rolling Stones - Miss You - OFFICIAL PROMO
As lead singer of The Rolling Stones, Mick Jagger performed many famous hits.
- Get Off My Cloud
- Miss You
- Start Me Up
- You Can't Always Get What You Want
- Sympathy for the Devil
- Paint It Black
- Gimme Shelter
- Jumpin' Jack Flash
- Brown Sugar
- She's a Rainbow
As a solo artist, he has released four studio albums. The most recent of which was 2001's Goddess in the Doorway.
His biggest hit as a solo artist was his cover of 'Dancing in the Street' with David Bowie, which reached number one in 1985, raising money for Live Aid.
Is Mick Jagger married?
In a committed relationship with former dancer Melanie Hamrick since 2014, Mick Jagger has never been wed. They are believed to be engaged.
He has only ever been married once, to Bianca (Jagger) Pérez-Mora Macias, who he was wed to from 1971 to 1978.
He has had several high-profile romances throughout his life, including those with singer Marianne Faithfull, model Jerry Hall, future French First Lady Carla Bruni, and stylist L'Wren Scott.
How many children does Mick Jagger have?
Mick Jagger has eight children with five different women. He has five grandkids, and is a great-grandfather.
Some of his offspring have gained notoriety on their own, including Jade Jagger, a former model, Lizzy Jagger, an actress, and Georgia Jagger, a model.
His kids are:
- Karis Hunt Jagger, born in 1970, to Mick and his then-partner, writer and actress Marsha Hunt.
- Jade Sheena Jezebel Jagger, born in 1971, to Mick and his first wife Bianca.
- Elizabeth Scarlett Jagger, born in 1984, to Mick and his ex-wife Jerry Hall.
- James Leroy Augustin Jagger, born in 1985, to Mick and Jerry.
- Georgia May Ayeesha Jagger, born in 1992, to Mick and Jerry.
- Gabriel Luke Beauregard Jagger, born in 1997, to Mick and Jerry.
- Lucas Maurice Morad Jagger, born in 1999, to Mick and Brazilian model Luciana Gimenez Morad.
- Deveraux Octavian Basil Jagger, born in 2016, to Mick and ballet dancer Melanie Hamrick.