Slade celebrate 50th anniversary of 'Merry Xmas Everybody' with 2023 Christmas tour
8 November 2023, 14:39
Noddy Holder of Slade hits the red carpet at photocall
'Tis the season, so Slade are back on the road once more!
Listen to this article
It wouldn't be Christmas without a Slade tour to celebrate the season, and Dave Hill and the rest of the current lineup have announced their 2023 jaunt.
And with this year marking the 50th anniversary of the release of 'Merry Xmas Everybody' and another Slade banger in 'Cum on Feel the Noize', the dates promise to be extra special.
- 'Merry Xmas Everybody' by Slade: The making of the Christmas classic
- Noddy Holder's manager responds to rumours of a Slade reunion
- Listen to the Gold Hall of Fame Top 300 Live Playlist on Global Player
Support comes from Sons of the Seventies, and tickets are available now via the Dave Hill Slade website.
The full tour dates are as follows:
- Sunday 3rd December – Newcastle, O2 City Hall
- Friday 8th December – Egham, Royal Holloway Students Union
- Friday 15th December – Leicester, O2 Academy 2
- Saturday 16th December – Sheffield, Foundry
- Monday 18th December – Cardiff, Tramshed
- Tuesday 19th December – Southampton, Engine Rooms
- Thursday 21st December – Margate, Dreamland
- Friday 22nd December – Oxford, O2 Academy
- Saturday 23rd December – Birmingham, O2 Academy 2
Slade - Merry Xmas Everybody - Official Video
The current incarnation of Slade is led by founding member Dave Hill, who still plays lead guitar.
There's no Noddy Holder or Jim Lea, who both quit the band in 1992, while drummer Don Powell was axed from the lineup in 2020.
Instead, joining Dave are bass player John Berry, and keyboard player Russell Keefe – with all three men sharing vocals – while drumming with the group is Alex Bines.