Elton John plays fantastic final ever UK show at Glastonbury headline set
25 June 2023, 23:03
Sir Elton John headlined Sunday night at Glastonbury 2023, in one of his final ever live shows.
The legendary performer appeared on the Pyramid Stage on the final night of the 2023 Glastonbury Festival, marking his final ever UK show as part of his long-running Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour.
Aside from a small number of European shows still to come, this was the final time many would be able to see Sir Elton John live before he retires from live performing.
"I never thought I'd ever play Glastonbury and here I am," he told the crowd at the start of the show. "I'd better play well and I'd better entertain you."
The show closed Glastonbury Festival for 2023, which was headlined by Arctic Monkeys on Friday and Guns N Roses on Saturday.
Elton also paid tribute to his late friend George Michael on what would have been the singer's 60th birthday. Before performing their famous duet 'Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me', Elton said "this is for you, George."
The full setlist:
- Pinball Wizard
- The Bitch is Back
- Bennie and the Jets
- Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
- I Guess That's Why They Call it the Blues
- Philadelphia Freedom
- Are You Ready for Love (with Jacob Lusk and the London Community Choir)
- Sad Songs (Say So Much)
- Someone Saved My Life Tonight
- Until I Found You (with Stephen Sanchez)
- Your Song
- Candle in the Wind
- Tiny Dancer (with Brandon Flowers)
- Don't Go Breaking My Heart (with Rina Sawayama)
- Crocodile Rock
- Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting
- I'm Still Standing
- Cold Heart / Sacrifice
- Don't Let The Sun Go Down on Me
- Rocket Man