The Voice UK: Tom Jones leads judges in a jaw-dropping rendition of 'Rock Around The Clock'
28 November 2023, 17:30
The star showed off his powerful vocals with the 1954 classic.
Listen to this article
Olly Murs, will.i.am and Anne-Marie joined the 'Burnin' Down The House' singer for a four-way rendition of the 1954 rock 'n' roll hit.
- The Voice: Sir Tom Jones performs stunning 'Great Balls of Fire' duet with singer who played with '60s bands
- What is Sir Tom Jones’ real name? The Voice UK judge makes surprising revelation
- Tom Jones recalls astounding moment Elvis Presley sang his own song to him the first time they met
The moment between the judges happened during the fourth week of blind auditions, they waited for the next contestant to come up on stage.
Olly Murs kicked off an acapella version of the song as his fellow judges hummed along, before calling out: 'Come on, Tom!'
The 83-year-old star showed off his incredible voice by delivering a beautiful performance of the song, much to his fellow judges' excitement.
Most famously recorded and released by Bill Haley & His Comets in 1954, the almost 70-year-old classic was given a modern twist by the four superstar singers.
- Sir Tom Jones reveals how he really feels about ageing and the proudest moment of his 60 year career
- Tom Jones didn't know if he'd keep singing after his wife died
- Tom Jones speaks out after 'Delilah' is banned from Welsh rugby matches for 'domestic violence' lyrics
The moment comes hot on the heels of another show-stopping performance from Tom Jones of a 1950s classic.
The second week of the 2023 series of The Voice UK saw the judge give an incredible rendition of Jerry Lee Lewis's 'Great Balls of Fire'.
The Coaches Sing 'Rock Around The Clock' | The Voice UK 2023
Stan Urban later said he was overwhelmed with emotion that he'd been given the unexpected chance to perform the duet with Tom Jones.
Urban said: "I must be honest, I don't really know who all the coaches are but I certainly know Tom Jones."
Speaking about his appearance on The Voice at the age of 79, the singer said he hoped to inspire younger singers.
- Watch Lonnie Donegan's son Peter audition on The Voice, and duet with Tom Jones
- Bob Dylan failed to impress Tom Jones until one iconic song won him over
- QUIZ: How well do you know Tom Jones song lyrics?
"You're never too old to follow your musical dreams, and maybe I'll inspire some young musicians with this rock n' roll world.
"I'm going to go out and do what I always do and give it everything I can."
In June 2023, Tom Jones revealed that he had no plans to retire anytime soon.
The 83-year-old spoke to the Metro after previously admitting that while he now sits during the majority of his shows, he won't stop singing until his voice is affected.
Tom Jones reveals the time he unexpectedly met Michael Jackson at his house
He said: "The only way [I would retire] is if I couldn't sing any more. If something went wrong with my vocal ability, I wouldn't want to go on not in full strength. I wouldn't like to shortchange an audience.
"Being old, you can't do what you used to do. I mean, I can't walk around like I used to but I wouldn't want to now. When you're young you're full of p*** and vinegar and you're giving it plenty. Now I concentrate more on singing than I do anything else.
"I'm still able to get up there and do it live. I don't know, it's a good question because I've never really thought about that … If people want to go and see that then fine."